Yes, minors at participating enterprises can be granted access the Branch mobile app and debit card!
Key points about minors utilizing Branch:
Minors are defined as individuals who are ages 14-17
Minors receive a free bank account through Branch (just like accounts for adults)
Wages are direct deposited into their Branch account
Account and Routing numbers aren't visible to the minor in their Branch app
Certain account information is only visible to employer for security
Minors are restricted from using Earned Wage Access AKA EWA, Same-Day Pay, or Instant Pay
- No custodian or parental sign-off required!
Acceptable forms of IDs minors may submit are:
- Student IDs
- Birth certificates
- Social Security cards
- Drivers' permits
Important to Note:
- Due to local restrictions, minors in DC and Idaho are currently excluded from joining Branch.
- When creating a minor account, an acceptable form of ID must be submitted.
- Use the "State ID" option during enrollment regardless of the document they are submitting.
- Initially, a new minor account won’t be accessible until an internal review is completed, and that review process may take several business days to complete.
- The information in this article only pertains to enterprises that participate in Branch's services in locations where minors are lawfully permitted to work. Furthermore, the information contained in this article only pertains to minor accounts, not accounts for adults.
- If you have any other questions or concerns, contact your Customer Success Representative or Admin Support.
Article is closed for comments.