While we do not offer overdraft protection, your Branch account balance cannot go into overdraft with typical use of your debit card.
How Overdrafts Can Occur
Account overdraft happens when multiple pending transactions on your account clear at the same time and cause the account balance to go negative.
- Dining out or other services where a tip can be added to the original transaction amount. The added tip would adjust the pending transaction to a higher amount when it clears.
- Hotel/hospitality charges (i.e., incidentals).
- Other transactions were completed while transactions were still pending and caused a difference in your account current and available balances.
What to Do if Your Account is in Overdraft
- Overdraft will be automatically resolved by depositing funds into your Branch account to cover the negative balance. You can do this by selecting Add Funds in the Wallet tab of the app.
- There is no deadline requirement for resolving a negative balance, and no fee is charged for an Overdraft on an account.
Article is closed for comments.