Do you have two months worth of direct deposit history?
To qualify for same-day payments we require the following:
- Two month's worth of consecutive direct deposits coming from your current employer (2 monthly paychecks, 3 bi-weekly, 4 weekly, and a full two month's for any other pay cycle type)
- All of those direct deposits going into the exact same bank account - the one that is connected to Branch or in your Branch virtual wallet.
- All of those direct deposits over $40
- Direct deposits come into your account on a consistent pay cycle that is easy to predict
If you don't have enough direct deposit history, please check back after you've received a few more paychecks, and you should no longer see that message.
Fixing the app's Direct Deposit Detection
If you do have sufficient direct deposit history, our system is probably having some trouble finding the correct paycheck for you. You should be able to troubleshoot this on your end by following these instructions:
- Toggle to the Account tab and select Instant Pay Settings from the list
- Below where it says Select Pay Cycle, click to select the frequency of your direct deposits.
- Below where it says Primary Paycheck, click to select the paychecks that our system should be detecting. Select multiple paychecks and this will give our system the best chance to correctly detect your direct deposits moving forward
- Close out of the app, reopen it, and toggle back to the Access tab. Did this do the trick?
Wait, but I meet the requirement! What now?
Please send us the following information:
- Screenshots of your last 4 direct deposits going into your account
- Description of your pay cycle pattern
- Name of your bank or if your paychecks go to your Branch account, let us know that as well
Were you recently paid?
Depending on your bank, it may take up to 48 hours for that paycheck to show up on our end, and without your latest paycheck, our system won't be able to determine your pay cycle. Please check back after 48 hours, and if you're still seeing an error, reach out to us here with a screenshot of your most recent direct deposit as shown on your checking statement, and we'll be happy to review further.