We use your GPS history to verify how much time you spend at work through-out your pay period. If you're seeing an error that shows we weren't able to track your hours, here are a few items to consider:
- Your address in Branch must be the same address where you show up to work. If your current address is incorrect, you can add the correct location by clicking the three bars in the top left corner and selecting "Add workplace".
- We're only able to support individuals who work at a valid business address. If you work from home, in the field, or your work location frequently changes, Branch may not be a good fit for you.
- Your hours reset when you receive a paycheck. We grant you access to wages as you earn them between paychecks so funds won't be available until you've worked your next shift immediately following payday.
- Check your phone settings to improve your location detection. First, make sure you are on the most current version of the app. Next, take your phone to work, and ensure you have an internet connection throughout your shift.
- For iOS devices, avoid placing your phone on low power mode, ensure your location is set to "Always" instead of "While app is open", and verify Background App Refresh is enabled.
- For Android devices, set your GPS settings to High Accuracy Mode and avoid placing your phone on battery saver mode.
- If your location tracking has worked in the past, and you have walked through all of the guidelines above, the simplest workaround is to uninstall and reinstall the app. Please note that will require you to re-add your bank/debit info.
If you've taken all of the above into consideration, and you're still not tracking any hours, we unfortunately may not be able to support your device or work setting at this time. We're constantly working to improve our app so please check back in the near future to see if your issue's fixed!