How does a job change effect my eligibility to use Branch?
If your pay cycle or job changes, unfortunately that will disqualify you from being eligible to use Branch Pay, as our system at this point has to see 2 months of consistent deposits from the same employer in order to use Branch for advances.
To qualify for same-day payments we require the following:
- Two month's worth of consecutive direct deposits coming from the same employer (2 monthly paychecks, 3 bi-weekly, 4 weekly, and a full two month's for any other pay cycle type)
- All of those direct deposits going into the exact same bank account - the one that is connected to Branch
- All of those direct deposits over $40
- Direct deposits come into your account on a consistent pay cycle that is easy to predict
Fixing the app's Direct Deposit Detection
To ensure the app is detecting your direct deposit as soon as you meet the direct deposit requirement:
- Toggle to the Access Tab ($) in the app, and click the settings gear in the upper right hand corner.
- Below where it says Select Pay Cycle, click to select the frequency of your direct deposits.
- Below where it says Primary Paycheck, click to select the paychecks that our system should be detecting. Only select your paychecks from your new job.
- As soon as you have the necessary direct deposits for your pay cycle you should be good to go