If your Branch debit card or virtual debit card purchase is being declined there may be a few reasons why this is happening:
- Your Branch debit card PIN was entered incorrectly
- Reset your PIN through the Branch app and retry the transaction.
- Your Branch debit card available balance was not sufficient
- Check your Branch Wallet available balance to ensure that there are enough funds to cover the purchase.
- The payment information needs to be updated with the merchant
- Check to make sure that your Branch card account information on file with the merchant (including the card security code on the back of your card) is up to date and matches exactly your current card information displayed in the Branch Wallet main page or the information from your physical Branch debit card.
- You are using the Branch card at an unsupported merchant
The following merchants are unsupported:
- International merchants (located outside of the United States)
- Adult stores
- Gambling-related activities
- The merchant does not support the Branch debit card as a payment method
- Some merchants may not accept the Branch debit card, and this is not within our control. The merchant should communicate that their payment system is unable to accept the card if this is the case.
- You are reaching one of our Branch Wallet usage limits
- These limits are outlined in our Cardholder agreement.
- Your Branch debit card is locked
- Make sure that your debit card has been unlocked before attempting another purchase with your card!
If you have any additional questions or would like further clarification regarding transactions and debit card use, submit a form here to contact our Support team.