If your Branch debit card or virtual debit card purchase is being declined there may be a few reasons why this is happening:
Your PIN was entered incorrectly:
- Reset your PIN through the app and retry the transaction.
Your available balance was not sufficient:
- Check your account's available balance to ensure that there are enough funds to cover the purchase.
The payment information needs to be updated with the merchant:
- Check to make sure that your card information on file with the merchant is up to date and matches exactly your current card information displayed in the app.
You are using your card at an unsupported merchant:
- The following merchants are unsupported:
- International merchants (located outside of the United States)
- Adult stores
- Gambling-related activities
The merchant does not support the Branch debit card as a payment method:
- Some merchants may not accept the Branch debit card, and this is not within our control. The merchant should communicate that their payment system is unable to accept the card if this is the case.
You are reaching one of our usage limits:
- These limits are outlined in our Cardholder agreement.
Your card is locked:
- Make sure that your card has been unlocked before attempting another purchase.
If you have any additional questions or would like further clarification regarding transactions and debit card use, submit a form here to contact our Support team.