Keeping Your Account Safe
Branch is committed to ensuring the safety and security of our customer's personal information, account access, and funds. Our debit card and accounts have multiple layers of security built in already to protect you in your day to day financial life, but there are a few things you can do to ensure the security of you account over time.
Protect your PIN and account passcode
- Your debit card PIN and Branch account passcode should be known only by you (the account holder), and secured accordingly
- Don't give your PIN or account passcode out to anyone who asks for it
- Do not write your PIN or account passcode directly on your debit card or within easy reach (ie: keeping PIN / passcode in your wallet or purse)
- Protect your debit card PIN or passcode by covering when using in public if possible
**Branch team members will NEVER ask for your account passcode / debit card PIN or login code**
- This includes via interactions through support, social media (instagram / facebook), and anywhere else that you may be interacting with Branch regarding your account
- We will NEVER ask for your account passcode / debit card PIN or login code
What should I do if I believe my account is at risk or I have provided this information to someone else?
- Reach out to us right away at email@example.com to report suspect activity
- If possible, try to provide as much detail as possible regarding the incident
- Where did someone ask for your account information (instagram, facebook, etc)?
- Details of the message received (screen shot of the message or description)
- Did you provide any of your account information to the individual asking for it?
- Change your Branch debit card PIN and account passcode through the app immediately to prevent any unauthorized activity!
- Refer to the following support article for instructions on how to update your Branch account passcode and / or debit card PIN https://support.branchapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045979271-Branch-Debit-Card-PIN-and-Account-Passcode
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to assist!