First things first, if you notice an unauthorized or fraudulent transaction, visit the Branch app and lock your card instantly. This will prevent further charges on your account. Next, file your dispute by following the link below.
Click here to file a dispute
What to Expect after Filing the Dispute:
- After you complete the dispute form, you’ll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming the dispute was successfully received
- The email will have the subject line “Branch Dispute Case” along with your case number
- Respond directly to that email for any updates or additional information
- You’ll receive an initial update from our Disputes team within 10 business days
- Our team may reach out for additional information throughout the process
- Be advised that dispute cases can take up to a total of 90 days to fully resolve (please note that we are unable to expedite this process under any circumstances)
Common Dispute Reasons:
Unsure whether your situation warrants a dispute?
Here are some of the transaction issues that might warrant a dispute:
- The service or merchandise that you paid for was not received.
- You canceled a service or merchandise and were still charged by the merchant.
- The merchant advised that you would receive credit for a purchase and the refund is not on your account.
- You were charged an incorrect amount for a transaction.
- You paid with a different method (cash or another card) and also charged on your Branch account.
- You were charged for the same thing multiple times.
- You went to an ATM to receive cash and the machine did not dispense the correct amount of cash.
Important to Note:
- To file the dispute, make sure to complete the form in its entirety: https://branchapp.formcrafts.com/dispute-intake
- Branch incurs all charges and fees accrued during the dispute process. There is no fee to file a dispute on your end.
- If the transaction you wish to dispute is currently in a "Pending" status, please note that we won't be able to file a dispute yet. We can’t file disputes for transactions that haven’t settled to your account as there’s a possibility they might not post.
- Should I file a dispute?
- Why do I have pending transactions?
- How do I lock & unlock the Branch card?
- Will I receive a provisional credit during the dispute process?