An Instant Card is a brand new, never-before-used debit card that is handed out by an employer to expedite the Branch signup process and allow immediate access to your funds. The organization’s name/information will appear as a generic placeholder for the cardholder's name on the back of the card.
Activating an Instant Card
The first step to activating your Instant Card is making sure that you sign up correctly. Follow the below steps to get started:
- Download the Branch app from either the Google Play store or the Apple App Store.
- Tap Get Started.
- When asked if you already have a card that needs activation, tap Yes, I Do.
After signing up, you will be prompted to scan the QR code on the flyer that was included with your new instant card. This will automatically activate the card and assign you to the correct business location in your account settings.
- If you no longer have the flyer that came with the card:
- Select MISSING QR CODE when prompted by our app to scan the related QR code.
- Enter the information on the back of the card exactly as it appears on the back of the card when asked for the "Name on card" (i.e. Dominos Emp 1234).
- Enter the last four digits of the debit card number
Activating a Replacement Instant Card
To activate a replacement instant card:
- Navigate to the Wallet tab.
- Tap the three dots on the top right corner of the card displayed to open the "Card Controls" menu.
- Tap Order Replacement Card.
- Tap Activate Instant Card when prompted.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your new Instant Card.