The dispute process can take up to 90 days to complete. Rest assured, we will be your advocate throughout the entire process as we investigate your claim. However, if you’re unsure whether filing a dispute with us is the right step to take for your situation, keep reading!
Common Dispute Reasons:
Unsure whether your situation warrants a dispute?
Here are some of the transaction issues that might warrant a dispute:
- The service or merchandise that you paid for was not received.
- You canceled a service or merchandise and were still charged by the merchant.
- The merchant advised that you would receive credit for a purchase and the refund is not on your account.
- You were charged an incorrect amount for a transaction.
- You paid with a different method (cash or another card) and also charged on your Branch account.
- You were charged for the same thing multiple times.
- You went to an ATM to receive cash and the machine did not dispense the correct amount of cash.
If any of the above applies to your situation and you’d like to file a dispute for the transaction, click here to file a new dispute: https://branchapp.formcrafts.com/dispute-intake
Contacting the Merchant for a Speedier Resolution:
In most cases, working with the merchant can provide you the fastest resolution. Since transactions are processed through the Mastercard network, Branch may not directly have merchant contact information. Most merchant contact information can be found through online search engines. When you file your dispute with us, make sure to document your merchant contact experience, such as: the person you spoke with, their position/title at the company, and their response to your request for credit.
Article is closed for comments.