Have you reached out to the merchant?
In most cases, working with the merchant can provide the fastest resolution. Since transactions are processed through the MasterCard network, Branch may not directly have merchant contact information. Most merchant contact information can be found through online search engines.
- Documenting your merchant contact experience, such as: the person you spoke with, their position/title at the company, and their response to your request for credit, may be taken into account for your dispute.
Examples of transaction issues
Here are some of the issues Branch users may experience that would warrant a dispute:
- The service or merchandise that you paid for was not received.
- You canceled a service or merchandise and were still charged by the merchant.
- The merchant advised that you would receive credit for a purchase and the refund is not on your account.
- You were charged an incorrect amount for a transaction.
- You paid with a different method (cash or another card) and also charged on your Branch Account.
- You were charged for the same thing multiple times.
- You went to an ATM to receive cash and the machine did not dispense the correct amount of cash.