First things first, if you notice an unauthorized or fraudulent transaction, visit the Branch app and lock your card instantly. This will prevent further charges on your account. Next, file the dispute.
There are a few ways you can file a dispute:
Give us a call:
- Contact our support team at +1 (956) 625-9896 to begin the dispute filing process.
Send a Chat through the App:
- Tap the Account icon at the bottom of the app (icon looks like a person).
- Tap Support in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Chat.
Fill Out the Dispute Form:
- You can file a dispute by completing the online dispute form.
What to Expect after Filing the Dispute:
- After you complete the dispute process, you’ll receive an email from email@example.com confirming the dispute was successfully received.
- The email will have the subject line “Branch Dispute Case” along with your case number.
- Respond directly to that email for any updates or additional information.
- Our team may reach out for additional information throughout the process.
- Be advised that dispute cases can take up to a total of 90 days to fully resolve.
- Please note that we are unable to expedite this process under any circumstances.
Common Dispute Reasons:
Here are some of the transaction issues that might warrant a dispute:
- The service or merchandise that you paid for was not received.
- You canceled a service or merchandise and were still charged by the merchant.
- The merchant advised that you would receive credit for a purchase and the refund is not on your account.
- You were charged an incorrect amount for a transaction.
- You paid with a different method (cash or another card) and also charged on your Branch account.
- You were charged for the same thing multiple times.
- You went to an ATM to receive cash and the machine did not dispense the correct amount of cash.
Important to Note:
- Branch incurs all fees accrued during the dispute process. There is no fee to file a dispute on your end.
- If the transaction you wish to dispute is currently in a "Pending" status, please note we cannot process disputes for transactions that have not "Posted" to your account (as there is a possibility they might not post).
- Please wait until the transaction has fully settled/posted on your account before filing the dispute.
- Should I file a dispute?
- Why do I have pending transactions?
- How do I lock & unlock the Branch card?
- Will I receive a provisional credit during the dispute process?