If you would like to lock or unlock your Branch debit card, you can do so through our app:
- Navigate to the Wallet tab in our app.
- Tap the three dots on the top right corner of the card displayed to open the "Card Controls" menu.
- Flip the toggle switch next to Lock card and ensure it says "Locked" under the toggle to confirm the card is locked.
- Your Branch debit card will remain locked until you flip the toggle switch again to unlock the card.
Important to Note:
- When your Branch debit card is locked, this means that any attempted purchases using your Branch debit card will automatically be declined. If you recently attempted to make purchases with your Branch debit card while it was locked, this could be the reason for those transactions being declined.
- Locking your card only prevents transactions that would debit (remove) funds from your account that originate from the use of your physical Branch debit card and/or virtual debit card. Locking your card does not prevent your account from being debited or credited via ACH/your account's account and routing number (which is commonly used for bills, gym memberships, etc.).
- Follow the steps in the article linked below to open a Support ticket if you have concerns about your account's account number: How do I contact Branch?